Visit Vacheron Constantin's 'Elegance In Motion' Exhibition At ION OrchardWritten by Melissa Kong
Feast your eyes on 18 watches from the legandary manufacture’s heritage collection at this travelling exhibition.
From 24 August to 4 September 2016, Vacheron Constantin’s “Elegance in Motion” travelling exhibition will debut at the brand’s ION Orchard boutique before moving on to Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Korea later this year. The collection will showcase a “wallet” alarm clock as well as handbag, shutter and lighter watches.
Other curios to check out: A 1919 Corps of Engineers USA pocket watch (above) with luminescent-coated numerals and hands for legibility in the dark; a 1949 Vacheron Constantin World Time pocket watch in 18K yellow gold (below) with time indications for 41 cities; and a Vacheron Constantin American 1921 (bottom) with a 45-degree offset enamel dial, luminous hands and indexes.
The steel collection includes the Vacheron Constantin “222” (below) from 1977, launched to mark the 222nd anniversary of the Manufacture, as well as the 1996 Vacheron Constantin Overseas I (bottom), a reference model for the new range of Overseas watches launched this year celebrating the 21st century spirit of travel.
Details of the exhibition here:
Like most people these days, Melissa tells the time with her phone. She considers serious timepieces works of art and thinks the perpetual calendar is the handiest complication to date (pun not intended). She's also a Grammar Nazi but promises not to judge if you can't tell the difference between "guilloche" and "guillotine".
Latest from Melissa Kong
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition Repetition Minutes Perpetuelle: Singapore Price And Review
- Rolex Submariners Set World Records At Geneva Watch Auction: NINE
- Montblanc 1858 Split Second Chronograph Limited Edition 100: Singapore Price And Review
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar '25th Anniversary': Review And Specs
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust 36: Singapore Price And Review