BREAKING: Omega Is Launching A New Watch. And It Could Be Anytime Now.Written by Melissa Kong
This is not a drill. We repeat, this is not a drill.
UPDATE: Omega will make the announcement at 6pm, Singapore time. Stay tuned, people!
It seems all it takes to get the horological community in a heart-palpitating, sweat gland-activating frenzy is a naughty teaser like this one:
With a hashtag like #speedytuesday, we’re guessing it could be a new Speedy Tuesday in the vein of the campaign Omega ran last year, which saw the limited-edition watch sold out in just four hours.
While we don’t have all the deets, rumours are rife on the Internet that the drop might be sometime today. All we can tell you is to cancel all plans for the rest of the day and stalk Omega’s Instagram account.
Like most people these days, Melissa tells the time with her phone. She considers serious timepieces works of art and thinks the perpetual calendar is the handiest complication to date (pun not intended). She's also a Grammar Nazi but promises not to judge if you can't tell the difference between "guilloche" and "guillotine".
Latest from Melissa Kong
- Hu Bing: Corum’s Global Brand Ambassador On Watches And Time
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition Repetition Minutes Perpetuelle: Singapore Price And Review
- Rolex Submariners Set World Records At Geneva Watch Auction: NINE
- Montblanc 1858 Split Second Chronograph Limited Edition 100: Singapore Price And Review
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar '25th Anniversary': Review And Specs