A Little Night MusicWritten by Melissa Kong
In its Asian debut, the legendary Charming Bird was unveiled to a number of collectors and aficionados gathered for a private dinner at Odette, a recent recipient of two Michelin stars. Winner of the Grand Prix D’Horlogerie de Genève prize in the “Mechanical Excellence” category, Jaquet Droz’s Charming Bird has fascinated collectors and fans alike with its whistling bird automaton activated by air compression rather than vibrations. Guests had the opportunity to get up close with the watch and learn about its intricate movement while tucking in to a sumptuous dinner by renowned chef Julien Royer.
Like most people these days, Melissa tells the time with her phone. She considers serious timepieces works of art and thinks the perpetual calendar is the handiest complication to date (pun not intended). She's also a Grammar Nazi but promises not to judge if you can't tell the difference between "guilloche" and "guillotine".
Latest from Melissa Kong
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition Repetition Minutes Perpetuelle: Singapore Price And Review
- Rolex Submariners Set World Records At Geneva Watch Auction: NINE
- Montblanc 1858 Split Second Chronograph Limited Edition 100: Singapore Price And Review
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar '25th Anniversary': Review And Specs
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust 36: Singapore Price And Review