Watch Of The Day: IWC Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar ChronographWritten by Alvin Wong
Though this watch may name a 1985 Da Vinci perpetual calendar chronograph as its reference, it is a thoroughly contemporary timepiece. For starters, it departs from its forbear with a more legible dial layout – its chronograph hours and minutes totalisers are combined with its moon phase display, affording an uncluttered view of its day, date, month, and year indications via separate sub-dials and aperture. Its in-house automatic movement is also a modern creation, housed in a 43mm rose gold or stainless steel case with articulated lugs that enable a comfy fit.
Alvin promises not to be a douche when talking about watches. He may have scoured the Basel and Geneva watch fairs for the past 15 years, and played an instrumental role to the growth of Singapore's pioneering horological and men's lifestyle publications, but the intrepid scribe seeks to learn something new with each story he writes.
Latest from Alvin Wong
- Luminox X Bear Grylls Survival Collection: Singapore Price And Review
- Casio G-Shock GM-6900 Metal Bezel and DW-6900SP: Singapore Price And Review
- Five Watches In Action Movies You Can Actually Wear
- Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph 1946: Singapore Price And Review
- Tim Mosso: Freedom, Honesty and Pre-Owned Watches