Affordable Automatic Watches: Three For Under RM3,000Written by Melissa Kong
Go mechanical on the cheap.
Claude Bernard 80095 – RM2,204.80
Fancy a his-and-hers? This Claude Bernard beauty is classy, elegant, and totally unisex. Housed in a 39mm steel case with minimalist dial, the watch’s Swiss-made automatic movement can be seen through the transparent caseback. Roman numerals and a black leather strap give the piece a classic spin.
Vostok Europe Almaz Bronze – RM2,700
In case you didn’t know, bronze watches are all the rage. The material is beloved for its changing patina over time, this Vostok option is paired with an eye-catching emerald dial. It’s also inspired by the Russian space programme, Almaz, which was part of a super secret Soviet military space station programme started in the 1960s.
Arbutus Exclusive Movement AR915 Power Reserve – RM1,790 (approx.)
Refined and stately, this Arbutus timepiece features an exclusive automatic movement with a power reserve indicator at six o’clock and date display below the 12 o’clock marker. This version also has dress watch appeal with its rose gold-IP case and chocolate croc-embossed leather strap.
Get the latest watch reviews and comparisons straight to your inbox
Like most people these days, Melissa tells the time with her phone. She considers serious timepieces works of art and thinks the perpetual calendar is the handiest complication to date (pun not intended). She's also a Grammar Nazi but promises not to judge if you can't tell the difference between "guilloche" and "guillotine".
Latest from Melissa Kong
- Hu Bing: Corum’s Global Brand Ambassador On Watches And Time
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition Repetition Minutes Perpetuelle: Singapore Price And Review
- Rolex Submariners Set World Records At Geneva Watch Auction: NINE
- Montblanc 1858 Split Second Chronograph Limited Edition 100: Singapore Price And Review
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar '25th Anniversary': Review And Specs