First In Singapore: Corum’s 2016 Bubble CollectionWritten by Melissa Kong
Corum's new Bubble watches arrive here in their first stop after Baselworld 2016.
When CORUM’s Bubble collection was launched in 2000, watch aficionados were suitably impressed by the domed crystal and resulting distortion of the dial. Following its subsequent discontinuation, then resurrection in 2015, the Bubble collection returned this year with high jewellery skeleton pieces: the BUBBLE Tourbillon (below) and the Bubble Dani Olivier, in collaboration with the French photographer. Two of Olivier’s most iconic photographs were miniaturised and grace the dials of the BUBBLE.
A 42mm Bubble was also unveiled this year to cater to women who wanted one that could better fit their wrist. In addition, the Bubble Gaming collection was introduced in a nod to the roulette wheel and joker that were synonymous with the first collection.
Guests at CORUM’s ‘Be Fun Be Bubble’ party got a first look at these timepieces at The South Beach Club where they played champagne pong and enjoyed a round of champagne tasting. To top it off, three lucky guests took home prizes of a Corum Bubble watch, CORUM Admiral’s Cup AC-One Bois wall clock, and a magnum bottle of Henri Giraud Esprit champagne, courtesy of Sarment.
Like most people these days, Melissa tells the time with her phone. She considers serious timepieces works of art and thinks the perpetual calendar is the handiest complication to date (pun not intended). She's also a Grammar Nazi but promises not to judge if you can't tell the difference between "guilloche" and "guillotine".
Latest from Melissa Kong
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition Repetition Minutes Perpetuelle: Singapore Price And Review
- Rolex Submariners Set World Records At Geneva Watch Auction: NINE
- Montblanc 1858 Split Second Chronograph Limited Edition 100: Singapore Price And Review
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar '25th Anniversary': Review And Specs
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust 36: Singapore Price And Review