Storm Troopers: Breitling’s Avenger Hurricane Makes LandfallWritten by Melissa Kong
For the first time in Southeast Asia, the Avenger Hurricane was unveiled to over 150 guests at a military-themed ‘do on 9 June 2016.
In a nod to its aviation heritage, a Breitling hangar was constructed at the Paragon Atrium, complete with an airfield-inspired runway and 3D display of the Breitling Jet Team L-39 Albatros. Guests were also treated to a full-motion jet simulator where they could indulge their inner Maverick and participate in a challenge to win a special Breitling Jet Team scale plane.
But the star of the show was undoubtedly the new 50mm Avenger Hurricane powered by the Manufacture Breitling Calibre B12 and crafted in an ultra-light yet extremely sturdy Breitling case. Weighing in at 3.3 times lighter than titanium and 5.8 times lighter than steel while being significantly harder, this innovation is a first in the horological world.
Apart from the 2016 novelties, guests also had a look at two special Asia edition models—the Superocean Chronograph 42mm and Colt Automatic 41mm, both redesigned to cater to the Asian market.
Like most people these days, Melissa tells the time with her phone. She considers serious timepieces works of art and thinks the perpetual calendar is the handiest complication to date (pun not intended). She's also a Grammar Nazi but promises not to judge if you can't tell the difference between "guilloche" and "guillotine".
Latest from Melissa Kong
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition Repetition Minutes Perpetuelle: Singapore Price And Review
- Rolex Submariners Set World Records At Geneva Watch Auction: NINE
- Montblanc 1858 Split Second Chronograph Limited Edition 100: Singapore Price And Review
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar '25th Anniversary': Review And Specs
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust 36: Singapore Price And Review