Pre-BaselWorld 2016: Bell & RossWritten by Alvin Wong
More military-esque magic from Bell & Ross, which sends its iconic BR collection to the desert plains for 2016.
Codenamed BR-Desert Type, the sand-hued series continues a well-oiled, action-ready tool watch narrative – the square cased BR collection was inspired by cockpit instrument panels – and its desert storm-inspired styling certainly adds to the evocation. And there’s something for everyone, too: the collection is offered in three models – automatic, automatic chronograph and quartz versions, clad in black ceramic cases and complemented by beige calfskin and fabric straps.
Alvin promises not to be a douche when talking about watches. He may have scoured the Basel and Geneva watch fairs for the past 15 years, and played an instrumental role to the growth of Singapore's pioneering horological and men's lifestyle publications, but the intrepid scribe seeks to learn something new with each story he writes.
Latest from Alvin Wong
- Luminox X Bear Grylls Survival Collection: Singapore Price And Review
- Casio G-Shock GM-6900 Metal Bezel and DW-6900SP: Singapore Price And Review
- Five Watches In Action Movies You Can Actually Wear
- Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph 1946: Singapore Price And Review
- Tim Mosso: Freedom, Honesty and Pre-Owned Watches