Watch Of The Day: Hermès Slim d'Hermès Quantième PerpétuelWritten by Joshua Yap
Your one-minute primer to the Hermès Slim d'Hermès Quantième Perpétuel.
Credit must be given to Hermès for keeping the minimalist aesthetic of the Slim d'Hermès intact while endowing it with a mechanism as complex as a perpetual calendar. Previously available only in rose gold, the new version comes in platinum and a handsome blue dial hosting hours, minutes, moon phase, second time zone, and day/night indications in a traditional yet uncluttered fashion. Most remarkably, its 39.5mm case still manages to keep a slim profile, largely thanks to an ultra-thin (4mm thick) manufacture movement with a micro winding rotor.
Though he wasn’t inducted into the world of watch journalism by choice, Joshua was hooked by mechanical horological wonders in no time. Although he personally favours modestly sized, no-nonsense timepieces, he sometimes misses the outrageous mind-bogglers of the pre-Credit Crunch years. As he dreams of owning a modern haute horlogerie watch one day, he’s currently content scouring the Internet for vintage value buys.
Latest from Joshua Yap
- Watch Of The Day: Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Automatic Skeleton
- Panerai – Luminor Marina 1950 America’s Cup 3 Day Automatic Accacio
- Watch of the Day: Blancpain Villeret 8 Jours Manuelle
- Watch Of The Day: Montblanc 1858 Automatic Dual Time
- Watch Of The Day: Patek Philippe Ref. 5372P Grand Complication