Corum Celebrates Chinese New YearWritten by Leong Wong
Corum ushered in the Chinese New Year with their retailers at Way Modern Chinois in Damansara Heights.
Believing it’s never too early to celebrate Chinese New Year, Corum hosted an early get-together with its retailers on 6 January at Way Modern Chinois, a Chinese fine dining venue located in Damansara Heights' Clearwater building.
Chris Wan, Corum Malaysia's general manager, and his entourage greeted guests as they arrived to rounds of drinks at the venue which was decked out in oriental accents complimenting the modern interpretation of the traditional eight-course gourmet Chinese cuisine. Flowers, mandarin oranges and fortune cookies added to the festive table decor while Chinese tunes played on in the background.
The highlight of the evening was the lucky draw, where the first prize was a Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 38 timepiece and the second prize - a Corum Admiral’s Cup wall-clock. At the end of the evening, everyone left a winner as each guest was presented with a set of Corum’s specially crafted red packets and personalised portraits illustrated by an artist during the event.
Editor, CROWN Malaysia
A familiar face in Malaysia's horological publishing scene, Leong has been involved in lifestyle journalism since the mid-1990s. Besides watches, he takes a keen interest in cars and men's fashion.
Latest from Leong Wong
- Bulgari Octo Roma Ref 102856: Malaysia Price & Review
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Duoface Large: Malaysia Price and Review
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28: Malaysia Price and Review
- Bell & Ross Vintage BR V2-94 Steel Heritage: Malaysia Price And Review
- Girard-Perregaux Laureato Chronograph 38mm Ref 81040-11- 431-11A: Malaysia Price and Review