Watch Of The Day: Corum Bubble Booba 47Written by Joshua Yap
Your one-minute primer to the Corum Bubble Booba 47.
Who knew that wearing a Swiss timepiece could earn you some street cred? As part of its ongoing series of artist collaborations, Corum has teamed up with controversial French-Senegalese rapper, Booba, to design a trio of Bubble watches. The first features the cover of his eighth album, Nero Nemesis, on its dial while the second model has the word "Kopp" (his nickname) emblazoned over a skull motif. The final version (pictured here) bears graffiti art jointly created by the rapper, the La Chaux-de-Fonds School of Applied Arts, and Polish designer Kamil Borowski.
Though he wasn’t inducted into the world of watch journalism by choice, Joshua was hooked by mechanical horological wonders in no time. Although he personally favours modestly sized, no-nonsense timepieces, he sometimes misses the outrageous mind-bogglers of the pre-Credit Crunch years. As he dreams of owning a modern haute horlogerie watch one day, he’s currently content scouring the Internet for vintage value buys.
Latest from Joshua Yap
- Watch Of The Day: Hermès Cape Cod TGM Bicolore
- Watch Of The Day: Rado DiaMaster Power Reserve
- Watch Of The Day: Oris Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition II
- Watch Of The Day: Tissot Chemin des Tourelles Helvetic Pride Special Edition
- Watch Of The Day: Franck Muller Vanguard 7 Days Power Reserve Skeleton